Denver

Denver

Saturday, March 28, 2015

3-23-15 Whoa! Last letter!

What a week.  The days are getting shorter and shorter and the time is flying by!
Been a busy week this week.  Felt like we were chickens running around with our heads cut off.
- We had a sister's conference this week.  The last one we had was my fist transfer out.  It was nice to see everyone again!  Sister Bush and I just talked the whole time!  Nothing has changed :)  I got to see my Granddaughter!!  I actually have posterity in the mission now!  So cool! (this means Sister Migao, my trainee, aka daughter, is now training someone)  They are teaching a friend of a member in our ward.  So funny to see the different sides.
- Temple was awesome as always!!  I just love being there!  I even stayed awake the whole time!  For a 6:30 session!  Pretty awesome.  It was cool to be there on my exact 18 month mark!  - Zone Meeting was great.  We learned a new way to teach that helps us to focus more on what they need to be learning and cut all of the excess out.  It was so cool!  Received a lot of good insights.  We tried the new approach on our zone blitz and we taught the whole first lesson and got the lady to agree to reading/praying about the Book of Mormon, and to have the missionaries back.  It was incredible!  One of the most successful tracting moments I have had.  It was neat to feel the spirit actually leading us to that street and house!
- Showed up for our investigator lesson and his girlfriend wasn't home so we couldn't come in.  He tried calling her to see when she would be back.  While we waited, we talked with his dad.  Turns out he is a less active member and stoped visiting with the missionaries because they didn't know that he moved.  Got his address and number for them to visit him!  We weren't able to meet with them that night, but he set up 3 appointments for this coming week with us!  So awesome!
- Sunday was crazy.  We walk out of ward council super late (now I see that we went over for a reason) and see one of our ward members standing at the chapel doors (meaning she is attending the 9am session instead of our 1 o'clock session.)  When she sees us, she starts crying.  This is a strong women, she takes care of 11 kids (3 different marriages).  This is unusual for her.  We start walking with her around the church and she spills everything.  She left her husband that week.  Took her 6 kids with her.  Staying with friends and has no idea how she is going to make everything work.  Only a handful of people knew.  We got the chance to visit her later that day.  Felt so bad I couldn't do anything more to help her. It was a rewarding moment though to see her open up to us.  When I first got into the ward, she seemed very aloof.  One day Sister Bush wanted to go to choir practice and we sat next to her.  Ever since then, we have been really good friends.  But I had no idea she trusted us that much.  Many of the lessons given that Sunday had underlying tones of not judging in them.  As I looked back on those months, it was crazy to see how much she was struggling.  And there I was  wondering why she seemed so withdrawn.  If only we really knew what trials everyone around us was facing, we would have much greater love and patience with them.  We would see them in a whole new light. Closer to how God sees them.
Fun facts about next the upcoming week as I won't be writing:
- The only day we have to feed ourselves lunch is today.  We will have members feeding us every day this week trying to get one last visit in haha.
- Going home is the best excuse to get people to do things i.e feeding you, setting up appointments, coming to church, etc.  You best believe I milk it for all it is worth.
- 3 appointments with our investigator!!  Sorry, I know I already said that, but I am still mind blown!
- My departing interview is on Friday with President :O
- This is how my final moments go:  Sunday afternoon, all of us who are going home (4 sisters, 1 elder) will meet up at the church with the STLs and ZLs.  We will load up all the luggage and venture off to Westminster, where the mission home is (aka. President and Mrs. President's house).  We will have a big dinner, a testimony meeting, party all night (not really...we're missionaries) and hang out talking.  In the morning, the APs (assistants to the president) will pick us all up and drive us to the airport very early!  (The Kers are flying out that day too and will be there!!!!!!!!!!!)  At 8:45 I will board the flight going to SLC and arrive at 10:20.  At 11:35 I will board the flight going to Las Vegas and arrive at 12:02 where I will get to hug my beautiful family for the first time in forever!!!

I cannot adequately express the feelings I have for these past 18 months.  I have loved being a missionary.  I can say that because I am almost done with all those hard times haha.  But even those hard moments, I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.  Serving the Lord for this time has brought me the greatest happiness.  I know that he was and is with me every step of the way.  As we sacrifice those things we believe are important to us, he will show us an even better path.  He will change our hearts to make what's important to him important to us.  I have felt so much love for his children that I have no doubt he knows and loves each and every one of us individually, personally, and beyond our understanding.  I have caught glimpses of his plan for me and others. He has so much more in store for us.  This life is so important, but it is not the most important thing.
I know our Savior lives.  I know he made it possible for us to become more than we believe we can be.  He is always there for us and can help us to overcome anything, even ourselves.  Even our biggest demons.  He has taken what I once thought was a terrible mistake and turned it into one of my greatest blessings.  I am so grateful for these past 18 months and wish I could share the wonderful feelings I have with all of you.  But I know those feelings come from trying to serve the Lord with all our heart, might, mind, and strength.  Not perfectly, but what we can do, and then seeking to have him help us make it better.  Thank you for all the support you have given me.  I love you all and will see you so soon! 
Love, Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment