Denver

Denver

Sunday, February 1, 2015

1-26-15 There is Sunshine in my Soul Today!

Hello all!!
What a great week this has been!  Long, but great!  So many miracles and so much happiness!
- Ok so my health wasn't that great this week.  We had to stay home quite a bit.  I am now a walking pharmacy as so many members of the ward were so nice and gave me lots of things to help.  But with all that, I still ended up going to the doctor and she gave me a few things as well.  She thinks it is just a virus that is taking a little longer since we are now going on week 3.  We will see if she is right.  But I am feeling much better!
- Had exchanges.  I got to go to two district meetings!!  One of them was the Spanish district so I got to stand with them and recite our purpose in Spanish!  All those language studies with Sister Rodriguez paid off!  Got to teach some great lessons.
- Interviews were great with President and Sister Mendenhall, although all of us were comparing things he said regarding transfers and big changes are coming we feel!  I think this will be my last transfer in Coal Creek.  If I have to guess, I think I am going to Brighton or Arapaho.  But we will see!
- At dinner with the 1st counselor and we mentioned we were going to a LA's house after that.  As this family is very flaky, he texted the husband to see if he remembered.  He wasn't going to be there because he forgot he promised his kid he would take him to a school function. but the wife would be there, something we were not thrilled about.  He is the main push in the family for the church.  The last couple lessons we had were just with her and the kids and she seemed very indifferent about the gospel and very cold towards us.  We went anyways, super nervous.  God decided to show us to have a little more in faith in him and his work.  She was so nice!  Laughing and talking with us.  She participated in the lesson, agreed to let us come and prepare her 7yr old for baptism and when asked what we could do for her family, she said, "Just keep coming back!"  Well sure we can do that!!  It was such a great night; we were so happy!
- If I haven't already mentioned it, we do a zone blitz every Saturday.  That is where all the missionaries in the whole zone come to one area and tract it all.  Found a couple good potentials for them!  Got to use Spanish quite a bit.  Although I'm in trouble when they start talking to me thinking I can speak Spanish when I finished my memorized spiel of who we are and what our purpose is.  Super awkward when I say no hablas espanol. They are pretty confused.  But it was enough to get other missionaries back so oh well! 
- Had a great lesson with Tom (not sure if you remember him from when I was back with Sister Bracey).  This is only the second time we have taught him; he is so busy.  But it was a great lesson and we set up a tentative time with him for this coming week.
-  Had FHE with the Owens again.  We read in I Ne 11 and it talked about Christ's sacrifice, the miracles he performed, and him getting baptized.  We discussed how out of everything they could have mentioned it was those 3 things.  It was a great discussion seeing as how three out of four of them are not baptized!  The Dad (LA) accepted 2 callings while we were there (the 1st counselor in the bishopric came with us) and one of them is a Sunday calling!  He said they would all be at church next week!
I feel like this is only a few of the good things that happened this week!  But I can't think of anymore specifics.  We just had a great week full of little and big miracles.  Lots of needed things happened, like our ward mission leader finally stepping up.  I am just so happy.  I sat in sacrament meeting looking around at everyone just realizing how much I love these people and love being a missionary.  I am so thankful for this opportunity to show me where my priorities are.  I have never been as happy as when serving God's children, which allows me to feel his love for them.  I love these verses in 1 Nephi 11:21 And the angel said unto me: Behold the Lamb of God, yea, even the Son of the Eternal Father! Knowest thou the meaning of the tree which thy father saw?
 22 And I answered him, saying: Yea, it is the love of God, which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men; wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things.
 23 And he spake unto me, saying: Yea, and the most joyous to the soul
God's love is the most desirable thing, no matter how much we try and trick ourselves into thinking otherwise.  And as it said in verse 23, it is the one thing that will make us the most happy.  When we feel lost, alone, and discouraged, we should turn to God.  His love will lighten our burdens and help us see that we are not alone.  Seek out that love and let it brighten your day.  I love you all.  Thank you for your support.  I am thankful for this time to be serving and to become who the Lord needs me to be.  Have a great week!
Love, Sister Grossman

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Jessie!! You are awesome! You make us all hang our head in shame for not sharing the gospel like we should!! Have a great week and take extra good care of yourself as well as your companion! Love ya, The Stephens

    ReplyDelete