Denver

Denver

Sunday, January 11, 2015

1-5-14 Ringing in the New Year!

Hello!
What a great week this has been!  Nothing spectacular has happened, it's just been full of lots of little blessings!
 
- Sad to say but I am glad the holidays are over.  EVERYONE and their dog wants to "take a break" for the holidays.  Now that they are past, we can finally get to work and do our job...nagging people haha.
- Things are finally moving forward with our ward mission leader. Excited to get things going in and with the ward.
- Didn't do anything special really for New Years and most definitely did not stay up.  Way too tired for that.
- How we celebrated our new year: January 1, 2015: Had an awesome mission conference!  It was launching the new year and our new baptismal goal which is 1001.  Can't remember if I have already talked about this, so sorry if I repeat myself.  Our usual baptismal rate is somewhere in the 300s.  This year we are shooting for 1001.  That is the whole point of the family history committee I am on: a way to reach this goal.  The other 2 committees are flood Denver with the Book of Mormon, and the 1001 committee (mostly to help us keep going strong and to implement the other 2).  We got together as a whole mission to prepare ourselves for this coming year.  It was really powerful.  I have received confirmation time and time again that this goal is inspired and doable.  Sad I will only get to be here for some of it.  It was so great to see everyone though!  We got an MTC picture!  Elder Dubbs is back and it was so great to see him and talk with him.  Even better to have our completed MTC group :)
- The roads have been crazy this whole week.  I have 5% control over the car, we just slide around the whole time no matter how slow you go. If you go too slow, you get stuck. I have become pretty good at getting the car unstuck.  Slightly terrifying that it isn't that scary anymore.
- Spent a ton of time packing and preparing to move this week.  So happy with our new home!  Sister Ackerman is great and we love living with her already!  Plus, I haven't been in a home with a dog for a long time and she has two!  Of course the day we move decides to have a mini blizzard!  Thank you Colorado!  But it turned out ok regardless!  We are experts at packing those little Chevy Cruzes to the max haha!
- Finally made contact with an old investigator, Lawrence.  He isn't a former investigator because we never dropped him, but we couldn't reach him for almost 12 weeks!  But he is so open and so ready for baptism!  Sister Bush and I both walked out of there saying wow!  We could already envision him in the temple!  Sounds overboard, but it's a good goal to have regardless.
- We both made it through transfer doctrine!!  Neither of us are leaving and we may have quietly-ish screamed when we found out we were staying together.  But we weren't the only ones who screamed so it's all good!!  We were stoked.  Not much is changing in our district or in the zone leadership.  It should be a great transfer!
- Daniel came to church on Sunday along with 5 Less Active families, and 2 LA individuals!  It was incredible!  We were so happy!  We just didn't know what to do! It was also a wonderful testimony meeting so that is good!
- Still loving being a missionary even though it is ridiculously hard sometimes.  It is amazing to see how the gospel can change people.  We got to give a training this week in district meeting on how the Book of Mormon answers questions of the soul.  I would like to invite all of you to think about how the knowledge and testimony you have would be changed if you had never read the Book of Mormon.  The only reason I know what I do is thanks to that book.  It is the reason I hope and how I know I can be changed.  It's how I know my Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan for me.  It is how I change each and every day through our Savior's Atonement to become who my Heavenly Father needs me to be.  Think about what it means to you and allow your testimony to change you.  The next time you get asked a question of the soul, weave your testimony of the Book of Mormon in to your answer.
- Next week's episode: We are very blessed to get a visit from a very special person!  Elder Bednar is coming to speak to not only our mission, but the South mission as well.  So we will be hosting a bi-mission conference with a member of the 12 coming to visit!  So excited for what he will talk to us about....and a little nervous haha.  (Guest speaker subject to change)
 
I love you all and wish you luck on your new year's resolutions :)  Talk to you next week!
Love, Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment