Denver

Denver

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

12-29-14 Last one for the year

Hi all!
I know I have missed a few weeks!  I'll try to catch up today, but it might be shorted.
- Christmas devotional: We did an awesome skit!  It really was the best one, not being biased.  It was voted haha.  Our skit was legit.  I had a beard and everything.  We used brown and black eyeshadow to get a lovely 5 o'clock shadow.  Painted eyeballs on an elder's eyes just as Jack Sparrow.  We pulled out all the stops.  The picture I sent was the makeup we practiced the night before.  We were all little midgets.  I was Aragon from Lord of the Rings; that's what the beard was for.
- Had a great Christmas hopping around to lots of different people.  We spent the day with so many people that we loved that it was just like being with our Colorado family :)  the Russell's, the Lees, Jessie, and the Kers :)  Got to wrap lots of presents, and play Santa Claus!
- we got to watch TWO movies this year!!  :O crazy right?! We even had quite the selection. Well because I was saving How To Train Your Dragon 2 for when we got home, our two picks were........(drum roll please)  Frozen and The Saratov Approach!!!!  Loved them both!!  They were super great...although we are a little afraid to knock on doors now haha.  We had such a great time though.  We watched the Saratov Approach with 2 other sisters and a member.  She said as soon as the movie turned on all 4 of us just stared at it wide eyed and slack jawed.  We stayed like that for the whole movie haha.  At the end, Sister Packer said, I think I didn't breathe that whole movie.  We had a great time.
-Snowed started falling Christmas evening so we had a half white Christmas :)  very slippery Christmas.  A guy driving in front of me turned completely sideways on the road.
Things have been going well.  Still loving Sister Bush!!  We are just having a party.  I really hope that we don't get transferred but I guess we will find out on Saturday!  Stay Tuned!!
I love you all and hope that you were able to find Christ at Christmas time this year.  As I focused on him, and spreading that spirit of the wonderful miracle of his Birth and Life, my holiday was filled with joy and happiness, the kind that can only come from him, and the only one that lasts.  It truly is a magical and special time of the year!  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful new year!! 
Love, Sister Grossman



No comments:

Post a Comment