Denver

Denver

Saturday, June 28, 2014

6-23-14 Doing the Work

Hello everyone!!
Things are going great!!  It's been a pretty tough week.  Lots of people dropping us (well almost), us dropping people, and lots and lots of finding with no success.  But that is ok.  It was a trial of our faith and I think our faith is still winning.
Wednesday was great because we got to go to the temple and didn't have to wake up at too ridiculous of an hour, just 5am.  I just love the temple and the many things you learn there.  It truly is the place we can be closest to God and to feel his love and guidance the strongest.  I heard the CO Springs Temple is opening up summer of 2015....guess I'll just have to come back out that summer :)
Thursday we had dinner with Christine.  She seemed a little abrasive but still friendly.  At the end of dinner, she finally brought up her concerns.  She doesn't like how much we were talking about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon.  Turns out she had a lot of people talking to her and I think some anti- talk.  She also doesn't feel like she is receiving an answer to her prayers yet.  Thankfully, she still wants to keep meeting and coming to church.  But she wants more time to think.  I am just grateful that she didn't drop us entirely.  

Friday we had to travel out to Aurora again for a trainers meeting.  President Toombs gave a great training as a lot of us were struggling with finding.  He said the elect live around the elect.
Then on Sunday we had an early morning meeting with Elder Rhodes, our area 70.  It was for our ward council/mission correlation.  He talked to us, but more specifically the members about finding.  He shared this quote:
I feel the Lord has placed, in a very natural way within our circles of friends and acquaintances, many persons who are ready to enter into his Church. We ask that you prayerfully identify those persons and then ask the Lord’s assistance in helping you introduce them to the gospel.  
and then asked everyone to think of the first name that popped into their heads.  One sister shared the name of her neighbor.  He taught everyone through her name.  He gave us three scriptures: Moroni 7:33, 10:23, 3 Ne 18:20.  It made it so simple.  If it is God's will, you have the faith to make it happen, you pray and ask for help with the willingness to act, then it will happen. He has promised that.  He had her pretend with a lady sitting next to her and she had such an incredible feeling with the spirit that it helped her to overcome her fears.  I think that fear is the biggest thing that stopped me when I was home.  We know that Satan brings us fear and this is one of his biggest tools.  It really spoke to me whether I am on a mission or at home, I can't let Satan win by letting my fear paralyze me.  The way he showed was also so casual, no pressure whatsoever, and you could tell it was purely motivated by love.  As long as they know we love them no matter what, then it will be fine.  Most people don't change without an invitation to do so and that is our job.  We are fortunate enough to be born into the gospel because God knew we could share it with others.  I just got so much out of the meeting with Elder Rhodes, I wanted to share how my testimony had grown.

I am still LOVING Sister Migao.  She is hilarious and is so good for me!!  She reminds me so much of me!  She finally let down her walls last night and opened up to me about the things she is struggling with.  I just love her.  Her faith, testimony, and desire are incredible and I am so grateful to have someone work with me, to even help me when I struggle.  I don't always have to be the put together and on top of it one.  She is so great and I am excited to see who she becomes out here.

Wow, I can not believe I am halfway now.  This is just such a strange thought. I don't feel like I have worked hard enough to be out for this long.  I still feel like I am pretty new to the field.  I wonder if I will feel that way to the day I go home.
Well I'm running short on time so I better get going.  Love you all so much!!  Thanks for everything.  I feel your prayers and they keep me going. I am so blessed because of them.  Love and Miss you!!
Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment