Denver

Denver

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

5-5-14 Not a piece of road kill yet!! Success!

Hello!!
Will probably be a short letter today!!  My time is almost up and I have to make sure to get my errands done early because some of us are going hiking today!!  The benefits of being so close to the mountains!
Man what a whirlwind week.  Basically I am looking at this like I am a  follow-up training (a missionary is trained for 2 transfers.  Sometimes their trainer is taken after the first one and the next one to come in is the follow up trainer.)  Despite the fact that my comp has been out for 3 transfers, her trainer didn't teach her much of anything!  Seriously, hardly anything.  She isn't used to teaching much, other than occasionally jumping in with her testimony.  She doesn't know how to do the paperwork and has never even touched the phone.  The area book was in a complete disarray, papers everywhere, things not updated.  People aren't really used to being taught, just visited in more of a social way. Now you see why I feel like her follow up trainer.  She was really freaking out and really stressed out by the time I learned what had been going on here.  I assured her we would figure it out together because I don't have any  idea about the area either!  She seems to be calming down now and opening up with things she doesn't know about.
This week has just been all about getting things sorted and feeling everything out.  The elders have been super helpful, for that I am grateful.  On Saturday at service, I got to see a bunch of my friends and that made me so happy!  I have missed them so much.  It is really weird now to look back.  We all seemed to have a rough start and now we are all together, all senior comp and driving!  I miss them so much!  I'm happy to be serving with them.  
Keep on smiling!  You guys are amazing!!  I love you and think of you often!

Love, Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment