Denver

Denver

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

4-28-14 Sharing the Love with Arvada

Hello!!
I said goodbye to Westminster and hello to Arvada.  I am at the Eastern most part of our mission now.  The ward I am now serving in is the Arvada 1st ward.  My companion's name is Sister Hall.  She is 19, from Arkansas, and has been out since December 16 serving in this area for 3 transfers (to spare you math, that is the whole time she has been on her mission.  It is quite possible that next transfer she will be gone and I will take over the area).  That's right, I am senior companion.  I would much rather be junior again.  One of the biggest responsibilities of the senior comp is they are the designated driver....yikes...
That is the part that is most nerve wracking.  This is also closer to the city I guess so the roads are much more narrow.  Everyone is far too close to me for my comfort.  Within my first five minutes driving, I had to get on the freeway and almost got hit by a semi...it's going to be great haha.
I don't know too much about the area.  We just moved homes today so that is what most of our day has been spent doing.  I guess it will be a lot of finding as well.
For the last week in Savory Ponds, I was anticipating that I would be leaving so I was already saying goodbyes and getting pictures with people. That night we threw all of our stuff in cars and moved once again.  We were back to the Richins.  Because transfers were just a few days away, neither of us unpacked except for the essentials.  I was definitely grateful for that.
On Friday, we had a fun lunch with some members who are leaving for the summer.  The night before, as she was talking with us, she told us there would be three elders there.  A lot of people have been guessing what would happen with the APs.  Both of them will have served for about the normal amount of time by the time the new president gets here.  President didn't want to release them early, but he didn't want to keep them in for so long either.  It would not be good to have new APs with a new mission president.  So as soon as Sister Bennion said that, we knew something was going on with the APs.  We get there and start talking with them and find out that we will have 3 APs for the next 4 months!  A tripanionship with the APs is crazy!  That is one thing I will really miss is not being able to eat with the Elders. Most wards don't do that and it is so fun to have both sets there.  It is not quite so awkward.  We brought cupcakes and balloons with us to the lunch because both of their birthdays were that week.
On Saturday during our lunch, we went to this place called Made by Me.  It is similar to Color Me Mine, where you have unpainted ceramics and you can decorate them however you want and then they fire them for you.  We met the owners at RMMS where they bring things for the attendants to paint.  Well I knew exactly what I wanted to paint; I saw someone else do it at RMMS.  It was this little dragon.  I looked all over and couldn't find it so I asked the owner.  He said he didn't think they had ordered it again but he would check the back.  He found one hidden under a lot of stuff.  I was so thrilled.  An investigator was supposed to meet us there but they ended up not being able to make it, so it was just us.  Sister R will deliver it to me in a few weeks when I see her at Zone Conference.  That night was transfer doctrine and we found out I was leaving. That night I went home and got almost everything packed so I wouldn't have to stress about it.  It broke my heart to leave Savory Ponds, but I was really excited for a new adventure.
Sunday we just went around saying goodbye to people and taking pictures.  That night, I stayed up with Sister Richins piecing together my T-Rex.  (Quite by accident, he has a name now.  Dalph.  It is odd, but it just grows on you.)  It is not entirely done, but to the point I can finish it myself now.
It was a late night and early morning as the Clarines wanted to take us out to breakfast in the morning.  They surprised me by bringing along the Webster Lake relief society president. That was cool to see her again.  We went back home, finished packing, loaded the car up and said our goodbyes.  I met Sister Hall at a stake center and we were off.  And now a new adventure begins!
Well I don't have much more to say.  I'm still in shock.  It hasn't quite hit me yet.  Thankfully, there are a ton of people here who I know and came out with so it will be fun.  The stress of learning all the details of this new area is starting to set in, but I'm just trying to breathe and stay positive.  I'm ready to know what I can learn here and what I can teach.  I hope everyone is having a great week!  I love and miss you all!  Talk to you soon! 
Love, Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment