Denver

Denver

Thursday, April 17, 2014

4-7-14 MISSIONARY SUPERBOWL!! For the Win!

Hi everyone!
Well I don't have too much to share this week.  It will probably be kind of short, but who knows, sometimes I just get going.  We stayed home Tuesday and half of Wednesday because Sister Rodriguez was sick.  Finally I went a little stir crazy and called the STLs (Sister Training Leaders).  They came over and we did a mini exchange.  I got to go to the Hidden Lake area for the afternoon while one of them stayed there.  I just know that when I stayed home with Sister Hunt, I got too ok with being home.  I don't want that to happen again.  So thankfully they were nice enough to take me out of there.
Thursday....I got a little bit of a cold again.   I know, I know!!  I think it has to do with the weather changing constantly.  Some days it will be really warm and then the next it will all of the sudden get super cold and snow.  I'm not used to that so I think that is why I am getting sick so much.  I just chugged water, always took my echinacea and told myself I would be better by tomorrow. It started Wednesday, and I was mostly better by Saturday night!
General Conference was amazing!!  I should probably explain the email title.  We were at church last week, and Elder Brennan said the funniest thing.  He said General Conference was like missionary super bowl!!  And it is so true.  I received so many answers, some I didn't even know I was looking for.  I wish I had my notebook on me right now, but I loved Jeffrey Holland's talk about not  being a comfortable God.  It helped me to realize I need to be more uncomfortable with missionary work.  God is not a comfortable God because no growing happens inside our comfort zone.  We need to be willing to take a chance and walk outside of the box.  Then God can do something with us.
Sunday night we finally had a breakthrough with the Routs.  We were feeling really frustrated because we felt like they weren't really progressing.  They kept dodging church and appointments.  But we finally had a chance to talk to them and they FINALLY brought up some concerns they had on doctrine.  I guess when they hit this point of their progression, most missionaries would get defeated and leave or give them dumb answers that resolved nothing, which is why they hesitated to bring them up.  But we were able to give them answers that really helped them and made more sense, at least that is what they said.  I hope things start going better from now on.
Sorry this is so short, but that's all I really have to say.  My missionary challenge: find something you felt the Lord might have chastised you on in General Conference (I know I had a ton!!) and make a plan to improve on it.  And then do it!  If you didn't watch General Conference, that might be a good start :) it is totally worth it!!  Prophets are awesome and totally inspired!  Love you guys, have a great week!  Enjoy the beauty God has provided you!
Love, Sister Grossman

p.s. Forgot to tell you we are moving on Tuesday.  Richins have family coming in for 2 weeks.  Then there is only a week left until transfers (the 28th).  I have a feeling I will be getting transferred, so I will basically be living out of my suitcase for the next 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment