Denver

Denver

Monday, April 21, 2014

4-21-14 Happy Easter, He is Risen!

Hey all!!
Happy Easter, what a beautiful week it makes it to be!!  As always in the mission field, lots of blessings and lots of frustrations this week.
Monday we had a lesson with Dalton and he finally admitted there was a God this week and that he is listening to and answering his prayers  BIG PROGRESS!!  That is huge for Dalton.   But we made such big steps forward that night with him.
Wednesday was crazy.  We tried to go to bed early, but it didn't pan out so well.  Then we had to wake up at four because it was temple Wednesday.  We were trying to make it to the 6:30 session.  They only show the new new video on the half hour sessions.  I finally got to see it!  We got home, had some lunch, and then spent the rest of the time until dinner running around getting our car fixed.  We needed an oil change, a tire rotation, and a crack in our windshield fixed.    A member took us to Red Robin that night!  It was great to eat there again!!  Then we accompanied Haleigh (the less active 17yr old) to young womens.  We didn't do much there, but I was really frustrated with the girls because they didn't seem to really reach out to her.  They weren't mean, but they weren't welcoming.  It was also sad to see how...(wow I can't think of the word that will accurately describe it).  They just seemed way too focused on all the wrong things, which did not include their standards.  I didn't really blame Haleigh for not wanting to go.
Thursday, we had another awesome lesson with Dalton.  We had him come to a members home.  It makes all the difference having to invite the spirit somewhere new, or having to invite the spirit to testify somewhere it is already present.  The members helped so much.  I think he really felt the spirit and understood better.
Saturday was a little sad.  We went to meet with Amanda, an investigator, and her mom (who is a member) told us she didn't want to meet with us anymore.  Her mom said sometimes she is just in moods and she might change her mind.  Let's hope.  We saw her at the library just a few minutes ago and she said she still needs to think about it.
Easter was great!  Nothing happened that made it Easter-y and that is what made all the difference.  All this Easter was focused on was bearing witness of Christ, of his atonement and resurrection, and of our Heavenly Father's plan for us that made it all happen.  It invited such an incredible spirit into this holiday.  Getting to share that for a week and a half gave the spirit time to testify to me the reality of it.  I know the Savior was resurrected on that Sunday.  He gave his life so that we can live.  Because he overcame death and walked again, so we can.  This is not the end.  I have no doubt in my mind any of this happened.  I loved this Easter holiday and am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ who provides a way for me to have happiness in life and after this life.  Sharing my testimony of this has caused it to grow even stronger.  If you get a chance to talk to someone about your Easter, find a way to fit the Savior in and I promise your testimony of it will grow, even if theirs doesn't.
I love you all and hope everyone is making it through the final drudges of the school year.  Thanks for all the support you give me!  Love you and miss you lots, talk to you next week!
Love, Sister Grossman
p.s. This week is transfers (and of course I am freaking out!!) so I'm not sure what time or day I will be on.  Stay Tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment