Denver

Denver

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2-24-14 Sick Again

Hello!!
What a crazy week! So many different things happened this week! Tuesday was our moving day!  That was exhausting.  We had to pack everything that day- I'm getting to the point where I am just throwing everything in and not really caring about order.  I have come to the conclusion that I have accumulated a lot of stuff! (but not near as much as my companion)  So we ended up having to haul everything downstairs (my suitcases are super heavy!!); we learned to slide stuff down the stairs.  Then we hauled it out to the car and stuffed it so full, drove over to the other house and hauled it down to the basement.  Only then did I wish had far less stuff...   We were so exhausted by the end of it.  We only had to make two trips which was nice.  By the time we finished with everything, it was time to go back out for dinner; we had no time to unpack anything.
 Well the next morning was temple morning!! Oh how I love the temple.  I hope when the new mission president comes in, he doesn't change it.  It is such a blessing to be able to go once a month; I wish we could go more.  Thanks to my companion, we ended up being super late there (and then she still wanted to go to Deseret Book despite the fact it was past time to be in our areas and we had other companionships with us.  However I was able to find a cheap copy of Jesus the Christ and I was so thrilled!) so we didn't get back until early afternoonish.  We went home and I spent a little time unpacking, but I wasn't feeling well so I laid down to slept for a little while.  Little did I know that it was foreshadowing for the rest of the week.  Yep, you heard me right, I got sick...again...  I don't know what is wrong with me that I can't stay healthy but it is just a pain!  I just want to be able to go out and be a missionary.
Later that night, we went over to a less active/part member family for dinner.  The member ended up leaving and it was just the nonmember.  So we were able to talk to her and have a great lesson.  She is very open about learning which we are very excited for!
Thursday I stayed home in bed most of the day, pretty boring.  However we did go to a less active family's home for dinner that night.  They just started coming back to church and we are super excited.  They have this adorable little boy, Logan, who was just a hoot at dinner.  As cute as he was though, it just made me miss Justin.  I saw him at church on Sunday and he got so excited and came to give me a hug.  He saw me wearing the sheep necklace that Grammy gave me and he was just in awe.  I asked him what sound a sheep made and he said, "muahahah"  I about died laughing.  It was a mix between an evil laugh and a cute giggle. 
Friday we went out and did a little bit of service in the morning, but my tissue box was in tow.  We tried to do weekly planning after that, but it just didn't happen.  When we went to dinner, she sent me home with lemon tea, a lime (I guess to gargle with), and vitamin c!  I think I just have a bad cold.  I am coughing like crazy, a little bit of sneezing, stuffed nose.
Saturday I think was the worst of it.  We did not go anywhere.  At one point our member came down and talked to us.  We went upstairs with her and while I sat there, Sister Rodriguez made cakes with her.  The sad part?...I got exhausted just watching them!  I had to go lie down in the living room (and cuddle with the dinosaur they gave me :) that's right, a dinosaur.  Today I am buying supplies to crochet a T-Rex!)  They took very good care of me.  We happened to mention that the beds we were sleeping on were terrible beds. Really they were, probably only like four inches thick, not exaggerating.  So what did they do?  They went out and bought us new beds.  I seriously love these people.  They are like family to me.  They are stuffing me full of drugs and stuff to make me get better.  Then, some other members find out I am sick.  These are the same ones who gave me the two birthday cakes.  They brought me over a gift complete with a jug of orange juice, a box of tissues, a can of chicken noodle soup, emergen-c, cough drops, animal cookies, and a wooden giraffe hahaha. I loved it.  However, if it is possible to OD on Vitamin C, I just might.  Everyone is cramming so full of it.  I did end up getting a blessing Saturday morning at the instances of the elders during correlation.  It helped a lot.
Thankfully I was feeling well enough to go to church and I made it through the whole thing!  But afterwards, I went home and I slept for four hours.  Didn't even eat lunch or anything, straight to sleep and then woke up for dinner!  Spent the rest of the night at home.  All of my resting has paid off though!  I am feeling much better today.  Still have an awful nasty cough, but I have much more energy and hardly any congestion.

Well I just looked at the time and need to go.  Sorry it was such a boring letter again.  Being sick isn't much of an adventure.  I am glad to hear everyone is doing well.  Can't wait to talk to you next week!

Love, Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment