Denver

Denver

Monday, January 13, 2014

1-6-2014 Happy New Year!

Hi!
Well this week has still been a sick week.  I passed whatever I had on to Sister Hunt, so we've both been in recovery, me on the upside thankfully.  The first half of the week we were able to get some teaching done. We finally committed half of the Wethor family to baptism!!  Super excited.  We still are working with Devin, he is not sure if he wants to or not  (it doesn't help that the family keeps pressuring him so he can't make his own decision.  He feels like he is being forced into it.)  Grace doesn't want to do it without Devin, so we are praying hard!
New Year's Eve/Day wasn't anything too special.  It is cool to know that I am starting a new year in the service of the Lord.  I have the ability to be whoever he needs me to be as I give myself over to him.  I like the fact that I have a whole year just to see what he can make of me.  I hope it will be a good one!
On New Year's Day, we found out that the next day was Elder Brennan's (one of the AP's which we basically see everyday at least) one year mark.  So we decided to decorate his car with sticky notes and go crazy!  Turns out...he was on exchanges...  So we did it all over the second day!  (we knew he had been struggling a lot.  As sisters and elders, there isn't too much you can do to help.  This was one of the few ways that we thought we could show him how much we appreciated him while still staying in our boundaries).  The look on his face made it all worth it.  He didn't stop smiling until they drove away, and then I just couldn't see, but I'm sure he still was!  
Saturday, we spent at the mission home hanging out with Sister Toombs.  We did some filing for them and then when we ran out, we just talked.  and talked some more.  Finally when it got to be late, Sister Hunt did not want to eat because she was feeling so sick.  It was hilarious to watch Sister Toombs say she absolutely would eat. However, Sister Hunt didn't have anything at home so she gave me a shopping list and Sister Toombs sent me to the store with president!!  Oh man, that was so funny. The last half of the week, we pretty much spent at home.  We sometimes left for dinner. So all in all, it was a pretty slow week.  Not too much to tell. Sorry it is kind of a short letter this week.  They switched zone p-day on us to today.  So we have so much to do before then.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Good luck on your new year's resolutions :)

Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment