Denver

Denver

Monday, January 27, 2014

1-28-2014 If it is going to snow again, we better get another Christmas out of this!

Hi everyone!
Sorry about last week!  We aren't allowed to be at member's homes to email.  I'm not sure why, but they specifically sent out a voicemail reminding us we weren't allowed.  Such is the life of a mission.  But I appreciate you guys being so understanding.  I'll do a quick back track of the things I missed from last week that I wanted to share with you.
We had exchanges that week.  It was so much fun, we met a lot of people.  We went to one potential's house, only to find out he had moved!  We set up a return appointment with the people there instead!  We went to another potential's door, but they didn't answer.  We felt prompted to knock on their neighbor's door. It was a Spanish couple that had just moved in.  Blessedly, the sister I was on exchanges with was called as a Spanish speaking missionary!  We went in and had a whole lesson with them! It was so awesome!! I didn't understand a word!! She translated a little for me, but most of it was so fast that she couldn't keep up.  Needless to say, we gave them to the Spanish branch.
My birthday was great!  I got love from everywhere.  These people have really become my family out here and I love them.  They made it such a great day.  We did service at the food bank and they kept trying to give me a huge cake!  Since I would have to eat it myself, I insisted on just a package of cookies.  They were all I really wanted or needed!  Then, we go to district meeting and there were balloons all over the floor, they had written happy birthday on the board, and they sang to me before we started!!  Another district in our zone left a voicemail where they all sang happy birthday to me.  That night, a member, (actually one I knew before I came here because they are related to relief society pres in Webster lake and we had Thanksgiving with them) brought me a little cake that night!  It was so nice of them!
That Saturday was exactly my 4 month mark and Sister Hunt's 18 month mark.  So to celebrate those and my birthday, we went out to lunch.
So now that we are mostly caught up, here is this week:
On Tuesday, one of the young women in the ward who we are pretty close with called us and told us to come over.  She made me a cake for my birthday!!  (I love that people are on board with celebrating much more than one day haha)  She is really good at making cakes.  It had giraffe print and a giant bow on top, all made out of fondant that actually tastes good!!  I'm sending home a camera card soon so you should get pictures of it.  We had a great lesson at the Rout's house.  We watched Holland's "Lord, I believe" talk.  I love listening to that one!!  We had another great lesson with Saundra and Matthew.  I have high hopes for them.  It might take a while for them to build a faith in God (especially because Matthew has been searching for a long time and never received an answer), but I think with them reading the Book of Mormon, it will come.
The Wethors cancelled all week on us which was pretty disappointing.  I hope they are doing well.  We should be meeting with them tomorrow.
This week we were just guided by the spirit so much to whom we needed to go see and be with.  It was a great week full of miracles!  This coming week is transfers and I am fully freaking out!  Everyone says I am going to be training, which scares me to death!  We'll see... If I do, I'll get a call on Friday.  You might not get an email on Monday due to transfers, but I'll be on Tuesday, hopefully for the full 2 hours.  Since it is our last week together, Sister Hunt and I are pretty sad.  But we have an awesome week planned with lots of people we are going to see!  This week was ward conference and it was ALL about missionary work!  The spirit was incredible!!  I'll tell you some cool thoughts next week.
Well I'm going to go.  I love you all!!  You guys are so great and you are what keep me going.  I hope you have a fabulous week.
Love your missionary,

Sister Grossman

No comments:

Post a Comment