Denver

Denver

Saturday, October 19, 2013

From the MTC 9/26/13

Hi Everyone!

It's finally p-day!! I've been looking forward to this day for a while so I could email you!!

This is what I've been sending everyone else. It's just easier to put this instead of writing it all again.
It's my first and last day P-day at the MTC!  I got here Wednesday and with my schedule, P-days are on Thursdays.  They figured since we just arrived, we didn't need one.  This week has been crazy!  Full of tears and smiles, good and bad feelings, but I know that is just the Lord making me stronger.  But overall, I am very happy.  I am learning so much and it has truly helped bring me closer to Christ.  I got to go to the temple today!  That was great, waking up at 5:45 to be there by 6:30, not so much.  But it was worth it.  We have to wake up about 6:00 everyday because breakfast is at 6:30.  I love my teachers and I love my district/zone!!  Everybody is so great and we hang out all the time together.  I love constantly feeling of the spirit and the Savior's love for me.  I got my travel itinerary...I leave at the MTC at 3:30 IN THE MORNING on Monday!!  I'm am NOT looking forward to that.  The next time I write will be from Denver!  So nervous for that. Ten people from our zone are going to Denver and another ten we've never met so at least we'll have good times at the airport!
  Basically, I'm having a great time!!  I love my district and zone!  My teachers are amazing, and I'm learning so many things that are changing me.  They are so much fun and truly inspired.  I miss you guys like crazy.  I can't believe we've only been apart a week.  I thank you guys so much for the letters you wrote to me today and on dear elder through out the week.  Those came at such great moments and it was great to go back and read them when I was having a tough time.   I'm not quite up to par with health.  I'm still having to blow my nose all the time.  I'm drinking lots of water (so I'm always dragging my poor companion Sister Swarbrick to the bathroom) and trying to remember echinachea.
The day of the football game, I was indeed going crazy!  And my whole district knew too.  They all kept chuckling at me.  Especially when I saw that it was kickoff time, I groaned and they all started laughing.  No mom, unfortunately I couldn't hear it :(  I kept trying to scope out the best place on campus to be to listen to it, but it turns out I was in class when they started.  The very next morning, I asked a cafeteria worker what the score was.  He hesitated like he wasn't sure he should tell me, but I think my look told him I wasn't taking no for an answer because he spilled the beans.  I was so devastated when I found out they lost.  They need to pull it together. I'm glad they won't be playing for two more years!!  I'm still proudly rocking my BYU football shirt today though.  Food is fine here, nothing I'm not used to!  I ran into Jessica Flake (my roommate from last year) one day at lunch and on my walk to the temple this morning, I saw Hannah for the first time!  It was so good to see them!  I hope I run into Hannah again; we were running late for the temple and I couldn't stop to talk.  I also ran into Nathan Keesling.  And I saw my old relief society president!  I mention them with food because I found them all in the cafeteria.  So at least I was able to see some familiar faces.
I won't find out where I'll be going until I get there.  Monday, we'll have orientation and training.  We'll stay at the mission home.  Tuesday we'll get our assignments and companions.  I'm super nervous to head out there.  I'm not sure I'll get a p-day for a while, just a heads up.  Thankfully, I didn't have to get the flu shot.  I argued it pretty hard and eventually they let me off the hook.  hahaha Marcie's comment is hilarious!!!  I laughed so hard and then proceed to share with everyone around me. Please tell her how much I enjoyed it.
Well my companion is done writing so guess I'll hurry and write you individually so that she doesn't wait too much longer.  I hope I covered everything in either this letter or the hand written one I sent off Tuesday afternoon.  Wish I had time to tell you about the investigators we're teaching.  I know the letter is a little all over the place, but I ended up having a ton of friends write me so I was a little short on time.  I love you all and am grateful for all the support you've given me.  Like I said, it has really helped me to get through in the times I've been struggling.  Oh I almost forgot!  We get to call you guys at the airport.  Our flight leaves at 7:30.  We probably leave the MTC around four and then have the drive to Salt Lake.  I'm not sure what time it'll be, and I know it'll be early, but I hope you're ok with me calling you up that early because you don't have much of a choice :p  I want to hear y'all.  Love you guys!
Love,
Sister Grossman :) (so weird!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment